The East River Foster Parent Network mission is to empower and support foster parents so they can in turn provide a safe and caring enviroment giving each child and adolescent the opportunity to thrive.
- To promote mutual coordination, cooperation and communication among foster parents, agency representative and the community to improve the foster care system and enhance the lives of foster children and foster families.
- To raise awareness of current issues impacting foster care.
- To increase community awareness of the foster care program and the needs for foster families.
- To provide training and continuing education for foster parents in order to improve recruitment, retention and the effectiveness of foster families.
- To provide additional resources to foster children through scholarships supporting summer camps, school supplies, extracurricular actives, etc.
- To provide additional resources and mentoring to foster parents
The East River Foster Parent Network works to provide the following services for children in foster care:
- Activity reimbursement scholarships
- Camp reimbursement scholarships
- Personal hygiene items
While continuing to provide these on-going services, the Association has identified some important and unmet needs. As the number of children in foster care continues to climb, we believe this trend can be reversed. By identifying barriers to success, we believe we can take a preventative approach to ending the generational cycle of abuse and neglect among families in our community.
Non-Profit 501 (c)(3)
The East River Foster Parent Netwrok is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization. All proceeds go directly to foster families and foster children. All funds that are raised stay within the network and are used in South Dakota. The board of directors consists of foster care parents, which holds open meetings to its member bimonthly.